Tuesday, January 19, 2010

AND OUR EYES LOCKED OVER A CUP OF TEA!!

A beautiful Sunday evening it was,
Apart from the fact that it had been raining cats and dogs for three full days without a pause.
I looked through the pinkish-bluish-violetish glass pane of my messy apartment.

Life was not actually good to me as I had thought it would be after cutting myself from mainstream, working harder than I think my poor little brain permitted, for three years preparing hard to get into a medical college, five and a half full years harder, not to stay in the college a second longer than normal, hardest to get myself hired by a reputed hospital and go to the hospital 6 days a week, sometimes on Sundays too,
on odd hours in emergencies not to be mentioned.
So in a nut shell it was a total, busy, scheduled life packed with patients with all sorts of problems some being as serious as a pimple being suspected for malignant tumour.

was at large; paces away from the main stream, spending my Sunday with medical journals in shreds around, empty beer cans, a land phone which had last rung to update me about the death of my patient I’d operated early morning.
I was all set for a boring evening after the very eventful and fruitful morning.
I was 33, well settled, noticeable, it occurred to me that I could bring into application that knowledge I had acquired by reading that book which I considered shitty back then.
Something which preached Harmless dating..

I picked the phone, dialled akash’s number, thank god it was busy. I would get a couple of minutes more to frame the invitation (read courting coupling). Without letting him sense the urgency to see him.
Minutes, hours passed, and by the time the door bell rang i had even built our kids room.
I lept forward in anticipation of something humane, someone really moving, which could move on its own..
A pair of deep blue almost hollow eyes greeted me at the door, I had known him since college days, but never ever was so happy on seeing him come. I realised it wasn’t the first time that he had helped me out of dying from boredom.
I ushered him in, swapped his wet clothes for some fresh ones and we settled on the couch for a cup of tea, waiting for the other to start, shout, yell or do whatever it takes to break the silence.
We had been so busy in life that we had forgotten what actually life was..
Aakash and I had spent premium years of our life together in same school, same college..we were very good friends, comrades in all the projects we did..and yes we were in love with each other too..
But it took us no second thot to ban those feelings..and kept moving ahead in life and away from each other’s..we realised only after we were so bored of our busy life, dream career..
But then, life wasn’t completely mad at me, for taking it for granted..here he was, in redder flesh and broader bones, he was looking more handsome than I ever felt he was.
And here we were..with our eyes locked over a cup of coffee..
At an age of 33, we were doing something, which we considered immaculate even at 22..

6 comments:

  1. You are an awesome writer yaar
    did you thought of taking writing seriously ?

    there a hint of paulo coelho in your writing and he is one of my all time fav author

    by far i have read two of your posts and both have been really good
    will keep on reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pure bliss and lively Written :) Keep it goin :)

    rewindwithme.tumblr.com
    -Mj

    ReplyDelete
  3. @soulblogger; thanks..i'm not a writer yet though..i've just started..:)

    and i've read coelho a bit..would you like to mention which part resembles to his style?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahemm !! Boss :P LOL !! No probs !! Keep up the Work.. !! Be blessed !

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice. nvr knew u write so well.and there is a touch coelho in ur writing.

    ReplyDelete